“Keep Cups and canvas bags aren’t gonna cut it…” says Saul,
"Energy has to be our focus.
Electrification is the nearest term solution to climate change.”
Saul says we need to electrify our machines + power them with renewable energy.
Electrifying everything, will give us the cheapest, healthiest energy ever.
It’s also the most immediate solution to climate change we have.
All-electric homes are healthier and cheaper to run than fossil-fuel homes.
Our rooftop-solar gives Australians access to the cheapest delivered electricity in the history of humans!
This put us in pole position to lead the global all-electric revolution.
How do we go all-electric at home?
Make a plan to retire our gas stuff.
- Our next stove needs to be electric.
- Our next hot water system needs to be electric.
- Our next car needs to be electric
Where are you on your journey? Download the TICK OFF TEN, stick it to your fridge and get started:
1. Switch to a green renewable energy company. Is yours green or ‘greenwashing’?
2. Turn aircon to ‘heat’ mode in winter (split system/heat pumps/ reverse cycle air-con is cheapest way to heat + cool).
3. Keep weather out. (Keeping hot air out in summer, cold air out in winter means more money in your pocket).
4. Join My Efficient Electric Home on Facebook. Crowdsource info from others on the efficient-electric-home journey.
5. Insulate floors, walls and ceilings (More insulation means less energy to heat + cool our homes.)
6. Get off gas. Use portable induction cooktop instead of your gas stove. Get ready to retire gas cookers, hot water + cars.
7. Secondary or double glazing. (Keeps heat out in summer. Cold out in winter.)
8. Book an expert home energy assessment + map out your efficient-electric-home blueprint.
9. Done the above? Ready for solar? Research solar rebates + green loans.
10. Forward this to a mate and get them on board.
In their ‘No Bills New Build’, Richard and Kate are living the green dream.
Neighbours for apartment solar
1 Million Women founder Nat Isaacs’ mission to get 1MW electrifying everything,
Dr Annabelle and husband Alex live in a comfy, healthy, climate-friendly home with NO ENERGY BILLS.
Ben's Budget Tips for Renters: Keep the Weather Out!
James Allston wants us to get off gas, go all-electric + support renewables.
Randy Feltface wants us to get off gas, go all-electric + support renewables.
Tony’s worked in coal for 40 years. Now he's calling for us to leave fossil fuels (coal, oil, gas) in the ground and switch to renewables. How?