Former cosmetics manufacturer, Nat Isaacs, lived in a world of packaging and makeup.
Until she reduced her household electricity consumption by 20%.
Saving a heap of cash (and lowering her footprint) Nat had her “eco aha moment".
Empowered to be part of the environmental solutions, Nat thought, “If I can do this, 1 Million Women can too.”
So she started 1 Million Women - a group of 1 Million Women taking small steps on climate change.
Imagine the positive impact when:
1 Million Women get off gas.
1 Million Women swap gas cooktops for induction
1 Million Women swaps petrol cars for electric vehicles
1 million women insulate their floors, walls, ceilings and go solar...
Where are you on your journey?
You mightn’t have 1 million women in your WhatsApp group, but you can download the TICK OFF TEN, stick it to your fridge and get started:
1. Switch to a green renewable energy company. Is yours green or ‘greenwashing’?
2. Turn aircon to ‘heat’ mode in winter (split system/heat pumps/ reverse cycle air-con is cheapest way to heat + cool).
3. Keep weather out. (Keeping hot air out in summer, cold air out in winter means more money in your pocket).
4. Join My Efficient Electric Home on Facebook. Crowdsource info from others on the efficient-electric-home journey.
5. Insulate floors, walls and ceilings (More insulation means less energy to heat + cool our homes.)
6. Get off gas. Use portable induction cooktop instead of your gas stove. Get ready to retire gas cookers, hot water + cars.
7. Secondary or double glazing. (Keeps heat out in summer. Cold out in winter.)
8. Book an expert home energy assessment + map out your efficient-electric-home blueprint.
9. Done the above? Ready for solar? Research solar rebates + green loans.
10. Forward this to a mate and get them on board.
In their ‘No Bills New Build’, Richard and Kate are living the green dream.
Neighbours for apartment solar
1 Million Women founder Nat Isaacs’ mission to get 1MW electrifying everything,
Dr Annabelle and husband Alex live in a comfy, healthy, climate-friendly home with NO ENERGY BILLS.
Ben's Budget Tips for Renters: Keep the Weather Out!
James Allston wants us to get off gas, go all-electric + support renewables.
Randy Feltface wants us to get off gas, go all-electric + support renewables.
Tony’s worked in coal for 40 years. Now he's calling for us to leave fossil fuels (coal, oil, gas) in the ground and switch to renewables. How?