In season two we met Tony Wolfe.
Tony’s worked in coal for 40 years.
Now he’s calling for us to leave fossil fuels (coal, oil, gas) in the ground and switch to renewables.
1/ Choose banks + super funds that don’t invest in fossil fuels (coal oil and gas)
It’s one of the biggest positive actions we can take.
Call your bank and super fund today.
Ask if they invest your money in fossil fuels.
If they do, switch to one that doesn’t.
Many banks have committed to getting out of coal, but still fund gas.
Gas is a dirty fossil fuel.
What’s your bank’s stance on GAS?
Take the Bank Rank.
2/ Switch to a greener energy company
Momentum Energy has powered The New Joneses for years.
Big thanks Momentum.
We couldn't do it without you.
Momentum Energy is 100% owned by Australia’s largest renewable energy generator, Hydro Tasmania.
Whichever power company you choose, the energy you get is pretty much identical.
Support our clean energy future by choosing an energy company that scored 4.5 stars in Greenpeace’s 2022 Green Electricity Guide.
Want to go one greener?
Add in GreenPower when you sign up (Momentum offers up to 100%).
Switch to a greener kind of energy company, like Momentum Energy.
Call 1800 627 228
Where are you on your journey? Download the TICK OFF TEN, stick it to your fridge and get started:
1. Switch to a green renewable energy company. Is yours green or ‘greenwashing’?
2. Turn aircon to ‘heat’ mode in winter (split system/heat pumps/ reverse cycle air-con is cheapest way to heat + cool).
3. Keep weather out. (Keeping hot air out in summer, cold air out in winter means more money in your pocket).
4. Join My Efficient Electric Home on Facebook. Crowdsource info from others on the efficient-electric-home journey.
5. Insulate floors, walls and ceilings (More insulation means less energy to heat + cool our homes.)
6. Get off gas. Use portable induction cooktop instead of your gas stove. Get ready to retire gas cookers, hot water + cars.
7. Secondary or double glazing. (Keeps heat out in summer. Cold out in winter.)
8. Book an expert home energy assessment + map out your efficient-electric-home blueprint.
9. Done the above? Ready for solar? Research solar rebates + green loans.
10. Forward this to a mate and get them on board.
In their ‘No Bills New Build’, Richard and Kate are living the green dream.
Neighbours for apartment solar
1 Million Women founder Nat Isaacs’ mission to get 1MW electrifying everything,
Dr Annabelle and husband Alex live in a comfy, healthy, climate-friendly home with NO ENERGY BILLS.
Ben's Budget Tips for Renters: Keep the Weather Out!
James Allston wants us to get off gas, go all-electric + support renewables.
Randy Feltface wants us to get off gas, go all-electric + support renewables.
Tony’s worked in coal for 40 years. Now he's calling for us to leave fossil fuels (coal, oil, gas) in the ground and switch to renewables. How?